Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Excuse moi?

I was at KLCC yesterday, with my bro and Shida. We were getting off the elevator when Shida turn the other way towards Topshop. So, I turned to call Shida. Then, this man who was, I guess trying to get into the elevator shouted right to my face,

"OI! BUTA KE?!?!"

I was utterly shocked and I literally did not move which only then made the situation worse. How rude can a person be? Wouldn't a simple 'excuse me' be sufficient? Or bahasa kasarnye, kalau tak reti sangat, if he said 'tumpang, dik' or even 'tepi skit' I wouldn't have thought anything of it. Need I point out that he is a man and he was spitting out on a lady, namely me.

One thing I know is that, I have been brought up to observe and practice good manners . Obviously, this unidentified man grew up in a different kind of environment. I feel bad for his friends and family who have to put up with him. And above all, I pity him for not being able to get the respect every man should be able to gain, for he seem to throw it away mindlessly.

Everybody, a moment of silence for 'Elevator Guy'.

2 comments:

wiriyak s. said...

ala lempang je mamat tuh... keh keh keh.. hey myra.. whats up?

Amira Najua Sa'abana said...

if i had the chance. I think i really would have liked to.

wiri! good to hear from u. me doin fine. hope the same for you.