Saturday, September 27, 2008

O-K!

I had an epiphany to wikipedia the word okay. Here's what i found.
  1. Telegraphed reports of platoon casualties whereby OK "oh key" meant "0 (zero) key (killed)"
  2. In German newspapers and printing the term OK has been in use at least since the 1800s; it stood for "ohne Korrektur" (without correction)
  3. In Greek, O.K. is a correctly-spelled abbreviation for the expression, Ola Kala (Ὅλα Καλά, ΟΚ), which means "everything is fine".
  4. French fishermen, including those based in New Orleans, might sometimes have used the phrase "au quai", literally "to the quay", to mean that a fishing trip was successful (or went okay)
Well there were more, but these are the more interesting ones.

More impor
tantly, O.K also stands for Ohana Kaizen 0206. 5 years of growing up together, you don't erase those times from your life in a heartbeat.






I'm not incredibly nostalgic. But there are definitely times I wish I could go back to the family I had.












Herodotus, Thucydides and the likes should have been buta huruf. That way, Greek history would definitely be easier to tackle.

4 comments:

Duncan J. Anderson said...

Man i wish I had changed my face expression.

*/_\*

wiriyak s. said...

*sob sob...

Azaliya said...

hi myraaa!
haha wiri! i spotted yoou!
you know how hard it wass!
i saw eli dulu!

Amira Najua Sa'abana said...

azAAAAaaaa!!
i didn't know u knew my friends in Melb.

the world is small.