Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Raya acoording to myra-me

Woke up late for my Greek exams today[which I totally tanked], sprinted all the way to Packard Lab. Didn't put my contact lenses on cause I was in a rush, only to realise that I did not have my glasses in my bag. So, today's classes were a blur of abstract motives dancing around. I got back with a splitting headache.

Back about my raya day.

On Eid morning, I woke up at 6 am to go for Eid prayers. It was cold and I was not very motivated to get up and get dress. So I went,

aahh..tidola balik.

Only later did I find out Pua also missed smayang raya. So, I didn't feel so bad.

I decided to take advantage of my 'excused absence' and sleep in till 11am. Woke up, had brunch and proceed to spend the whole day at the library to study for the Greek exam.
Next, I had a workshop to attend for my Leadership Lehigh program and this was until 5.30 pm.

Soo, up till this point, raya was basically.........uneventful.

But then....we[me, Pua, Steve, Naazer] went to abg israd and kak syahrul's house for dinner. Just as we entered, lagu raya berdendang from the laptop where it was streamed. The smell of yummy food and kids running around in baju raya.
Yes, there were slight tears in my eyes.
Finally, the aidilfitri vibe that I have been missing.

Oh my god. I went for the sambal like nobody's bussiness. Don't keep Myra too far away from sambal for too long, she goes slightly out of control.

I miss La Familia like crazy.

Wherever you are right now,
Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir Batin.

I wish I had pics to post though. But still no camera for me.
Take a camera away from a camwhore. I AM feeling the pain right now.

No comments: