Sunday, October 12, 2008

clawing you

I don't know why it took me almost 2 months to watch my first football game. I was definitely missing out on something.

Yesterday started with me waking up at a ridiculous hour for a Saturday morning. All in the name of raising fund for the dance team. Why do only the newbies do it? Seniorism, I'm afraid, is still prevalent in our society. So I had on those neon orange jacket with walkie talkie in hand, positioned myself on one of the traffic corners , and diligently point out the right direction to people going to the stadium. 4 damn straight hours. Goood stuff.

HOWEVER, the hot policeman did stop by with a stupid-yet-cute line. And he asked if I was doing okay under the heat. Awww.... So, getting hit by yummy men in uniform greatly compensates standing still with arms wide open for hours.

Once my shift was over, I rushed to the stadium. There was a lot of people. More than I expected. Everything looked like a scene from Remember The Titans. I absolutely lurve the movie. So my image of the American football experience might be slightly distorted.

I totally ruin my first touch down though. We were sitting right behind the players, next to where the cheerleaders were doing their thing <---Pua chose the seats. So, as the game was going on, I saw them cheerleaders doing those pyramid thingy. I was immensely into watching them. When suddenly everyone roared around me. Touch down! And I missed it cause I had my eyes on a bunch of girls throwing another girl in the air. -_-" . Such a typical Myra moment.

The game was awesome. I miss being on the field. I miss being a part of something. I remember once upon a time ago when I would go to arm's length for Rahman, only like the best house ever. Them others can eat our dust. I think back of the sense of belonging that I once had. And as I cheered for the Hawks, I felt the same pride that I had before.


45-24 win peeps.
Lehigh Hawks kick ass!



Going to NYC tomorrow. woot woot woot!!!
Let's all pray Myra does not go over the limit with her shopping.

No comments: