Thursday, October 9, 2008

my Social Security Office experience


I had to get my Social Security number so I CAN PAY TAX to the great nation call the United States of America. Oh well.

Anyway, since Yujin had class when I wanted to go, he couldn't drive me to the office, which means I had to WALK all the way to the SS office. At times like this, I wish I had them peeps who were so helpful when I need them. You know who you are. =)

Anyway, it wasn't too bad walking. Weather was good, I didn't get lost for too long.

I was sitting down waiting for my number to appear on the digital screen thing on the wall, and in walk this Latino family with an impossibly cute lil girl dressed up in pink, from her pink Crocs to her pink pigtails. She was one hell of an Energizer bunny cause she was running around the office and you could not help but stare <---she ZOO adorable!

Apparently, in Spanish, "Mira" means 'to look'. And I guess Latinos use the word to attract attention or something along that line. So whenever Pink Energizer got too far away, Mama Latino would scream,

MIRA!!

Me being the retarded person that I am, kept turning my head towards her whenever she said it. And boy, if you didn't already know, Latinos are a bunch of loud peeps. She was bellowing "Mira!" 50 thousand times. And every single time, I turned. -_-"

One hour of waiting, and I was at the counter for only 5 minutes. Haih.

McCain and Palin were here yesterday. Didn't have a chance to see them though. When you stopping by Mr. Obama?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh i had the same experience too!!
i missed the bus to go to the social office n ran for it!! during ramadhan!!waaa ramadhan in a desert!! maybe this is my 2nd life,i was an ex islamic warrior long time ago,during early islamic era...hmmmm *wink*
ceh, tapi mmmg tunggu lama gile babi.