Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tale of a Girl

The story goes,

One fine day, I felt good about myself so I decided to wear something pretty out. I got some nice compliments and that made me feel even better about myself.

That's when it got weird.

Nice comments became suggestive notions.
Looks of appreciation became nasty leering.
Plain harmless teasing became highly inappropriate catcalls.

Where does the line between praising a girl's confidence and sexual harassment lies?
Because I certainly felt that my pride was scorned.

Did they just cross way over board without realising it? And let me share that these are my very closest friends whom I know would never deliberately want to hurt me in any way.

Or maybe it was just me who let them behave that way? Behind my laughter and smiles.

You wear that and you expect us not to look.

Let a girl wear whatever she damn well please without having to worry about other people harassing her. We crave for your approval and attention, but don't treat us like mere objects condemn by insensitive words without any decency to respect our minds.

To my friends, know that I LOVE you. Please do not take this personally as I myself don't. It is just something in my mind that I feel is important to share.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think this is my first comment ever on anybody's blog. well this is bcoz u r missed by someone in germany.
u r like one of the most confident persons i know n nothing can pull u down.. u go gurl!!!

Amira Najua Sa'abana said...

aww..someone in Malaysia miss you very very much!
I miss you coming to my house.=(

much love hunny.