Monday, July 28, 2008

Missing

Yesterday, I had an outing with my girls. And not to say I did not enjoyed myself, but I left feeling really sad. Here I was, having the time of my life, eating, gossiping, listening to Mama Chix giving us her totally cool advice on boys,sex and relationship,and just hanging around talking nonsense about everything under the sun. Why the hell am I leaving for the US again?

I miss those times when we had to slave ourselves over endless union nights. Remember that night we cut and SELLOPHANE TAPED pieces of blue fabric on our white baju for our cheer comp the next day. Hahaha. Those nights we had sleeping over at Chix's house thinking of steps and designing our super lame costumes. And i SSOO remember walking that,I don't know how many kilometres from that place we learn to dance (what was it called?) all the way back to KYS.

I remember acting all pissed when you signed up my name for Talentime without telling me first, but secretly was excited inside. And yes, we all acknowledge that we have the worst singing voice, apart from Nael, but we totally rocked out the stage with our awesome red and white costumes and dance moves!

You have always been there for me. The girl who slept next to me even though it was only for a year, but that was the year I know I had a friend who would always have an ear ready to listen to me. My friend who shares the same obsession on a particular popstar. Those nights when I cried because of you-know-who and you never judge me whether I'm right or wrong. Although you and your partner in crime most of the time only laugh when I'm sobbing my eyes off. And that girl who have the most potential I have ever seen, I am glad you are growing up to be the woman you should become.

But most of all, you girls made me feel wanted. You made me feel that I mattered in your life and without all the glitz and glamour in life, I could have make do with just that. Thank you for being the best girl friends. And if time should drift us apart one day, we'll have the memories and you will always be my friend .













To the singing duck down-under, know that I miss you the most. All the distance and time one puts between us can never erase what we have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for a moment there i was crushed.

then two sentences were more than enough.