Sunday, July 6, 2008

Island Girl

Just got back from Perhentian Island. <LOVE LOVE> I wish I didn't have to go back. And knowing that coming back to KL means going to the dreaded BTN program just made the feeling all more worse. Yes. The day has come. Tomorrow, I shall be heading to Kem Bina Negara Bumi Jati in Shah Alam to supposedly instill patriotism in the hearts of all future oversea go-ers. Oh well, I'm trying to keep an open mind about it, so I won't say much till I have actually undergo the program.

Anyhow, let's talk about things less depre
ssing. The holiday trip was a blast! There was me, my bro, mom, Baby, Shida, Azim and Adeline, all in all making a terrific group. For the first time, all my dives were mask fog-free, headache free and just easy and relax. Plus our cute divemaster, Mike from Boston, who although bore no resemblance at all, reminds me of Mr. Mraz. Everytime I see him, the chorus of Jason Mraz's 'Make It Mine' plays in my ear. Wonder why?

Marsh and Fariq came a day later joining us for a few dinners and late night escapades. We also had a huge bonfire. And i mean real HUGE! Like the fire was probably higher than me. No kidding. And when we actually board the ferry back to mainland, I definitely felt my heart weigh a lot more than before.


The only downside of the trip was i was attacked by freak loads of mosquitoes the size of my thumb (mild exaggeration might be evident here). I have spots all over my body including my face which will make it look a lot worse now that I have to wear a tudung for the next 5 days. And I am so tan that my bikini line look like the skin of a total stranger against my own. Those from KYS might remember me on those days when even my eyelids had tan line because when my eyes are open, some part were not expose to the sun. Yup, it was that bad.

So, my observations.
  • With my first huge paycheck, I'll definitely invest in a luxury speed boat rather than a fast car. Combination of adrenaline rush, wind whipping hair and water splashing is much more a turn on for me.
  • Now, if I have a boat, I need to live by the sea. Therefore I need to invest in a house by the beach. The only good beach around here would be somewhere in Terengganu.
  • Since there ain't no possible way I'm living in Terengganu, I need to get a house around KL first.
Hmm...now that's a long chain of investments. Where is a rich guy when I need one?

To the one who made us love what we do in the first place. Uncle Jean, not a day goes by that I don't think of you. I wish you were with us on the island, just like old times. I miss you.


2 comments:

H. said...

you forgot.with speedboat, its just another excuse to buy a bikini.

and if you ride your boat everyday, you need SEVEN new bikinis.

haha.

p/s:admit it, you love how i think.:))

Amira Najua Sa'abana said...

damn girl!
great minds think alike.