Monday, July 14, 2008

my nation that i love

Heylo world of bloggers,

I have been away for a while. Just too exhausted to lift my fingers and start tap tap tapping the keyboard. Well anyhu, let's get back to what I'm actually here to report.

I got back from Biro Tata Negara. Phew. I'm glad it is O.V.E.R. Let's all pray that I did not flunked it cause that would make me have to go through it ALL OVER AGAIN. The whole program, I was barely paying attention to whatever they were saying, instead I wrote little bits of pieces in my notebook that were interesting that I thought I could share it here. BUT somehow, I lost it along the way, and should that precious notebook be found and its contents be read, I am toast dead.

Since I have been sworn to 'Kerahsiaan', there is not much that I can comment. And also due to the fact that I am scared shitless they are gonna take me to some faraway place if I open my big fat mouth. So, let me just put down some quotes I picked out (that I still remember) and let you people make your own judgments. Here are my faves.

  • The government should stop giving scholarships because some scholars come from anti government family.
  • The number of chairs that the opposition contests is not significant enough to make them the government, should they win. Hence, their purpose is only to create chaos and divide our nation.
  • The people voted for the government, hence they should support whatever the government feels is right.
Last time I check, the camp was about 'kenegaraan', not politics.

There were some good points however. I now have the history of Malaysia at the tip of my tongue since they repeat it again and again till it is now embedded in my subconcious mind. I also know a substantial amount of Akta in the Malaysian Constitution. Try test me on Perkara 152, 153 or 181. Impressive ey?

There are so many new things I learn in the camp.
  1. I simply cannot stand incredibly RUDE people who thinks that the only way to get a message across is by shouting their head off. Maybe we students are not of the same mind level to understand through simple instructions in normal speaking tone.
  2. I am amaze to find people who are totally dedicated to the country or the government, which ever you might wanna look at it, that they VOLUNTEER to work in BTN to educate our young minds.
  3. I am puzzled as to why one still insists on giving tazkirah Subuh when it is obvious none of the audience is even barely awake. This might be due to the lack of sleep since activities ended close to 1 am yesterday and it is now 5.45 am.
  4. I am stunned by my abilities to completely shut out whatever it is the person in front is saying and when ask to comment, make up something out of thin air. Well, that may be due the fact that they were not paying attention to whatever I'm commenting in the first place.
  5. Which brings me to the last one, I find it interesting that in all the discussions, it follows a similar pattern. A question is presented, participants comment, facilitators pretend to take interest, comments are ignored, the REAL and RIGHT comment comes from the facilitators, and god forbid, that is the ONLY thinking we should hold on too, then everyone's happy. Yay! Mission accomplish.
-_-"

I really do think that the program started out with the right intentions. If all parties participate with an open mind, maybe the outcome would have been better. But you have read what I have to say about it. And I really did want it to be good. Alas, you don't always get what you wish for.

1 comment:

niji said...

just passing through..

dude... i heard that biro thing is messed up, but ngyeh... that bad?

thank god i didn't need to go.