Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mode Therapy


I just finished the last episode of Ugly Betty's latest season. Okay, so I have a confession to make. This is one show that I rarely admit to people that I am an avid fan of. Just cause.

For anyone who doesn't always feel the need to find extreme hidden meaning in every single scene you see or every little subconcious significance in the script you hear, but can simply find pleasure in watching tv series because that was intentionally what tv series are for. To entertain. Give Ugly Betty a try.

My brother is hooked on it after a single episode. Yes, my macho-sports lovin-sometimes homophobic-gym going-Mr.BadAss brother watch Ugly Betty and all its glitzy galor. Well, he is pretty gay himself sometimes. This as a side note, what guy assigns different section of a towel for different part of his body. Eg. the label section for arms and chest, other side section for waist and below, middle section for head. <----Yeah, that's my big brother. Pretty anal, I know.

Okay, back to what I was saying. I only wanted to post about Ugly Betty cause I want to share with you 2 of my favourite characters.


Meet Marc [Michael Urie] and Amanda [Becki Newton].

They are the only reason I tune in to this show.FYI, I hate Betty. And I swear to God, if ever I meet a real life Betty one day, I shall do my job in making her life a living hell. I'm sorry. I'm a closet blonde. It's in my nature that I hate the Ugly Bettys of the world.

Marc and Amanda would be the ultimate best friends to have. Bitchiness + Loyalty. You can't beat that combo. ooOoo..And I secretly have a friend who reminds me of Marc, (yes, it's you who is in IC. Identity shall remain a secret I'll bring to my grave)

To producers of said show : Please do not drop/kill off Marc & Amanda duo because I shall stop watching. This is a THREAT!


PS : Okay, so I lied. I also watch because of Justin Suarez [Mark Indelicato]. But he has been taking a back seat this season. Plus note to producers, me.want.more.

2 comments:

c said...

but im an ugly betty..

aish. said...

OH MY FREAKIN GOD. I TOTALLY assign different sections of the towel for my body too!!!!! Aaaaaah I swear it's not freaky okay??

I just have slight OCD when it comes to towels, cos I keep thinking, how dirty is it that the same section I use to wipe my lower abdomen could be used to wipe my hair as well??

So I don't really mark, though I make a note of the little brand-cloth on the edge of the towel, I always make sure it's on the bottom left. Your brother is normal because I refuse to admit defeat to freak-of-natureness.