Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's the time to Disco.


Yesterday night was Merchants of Bollywood night. I would have blogged my review last night when the show was still fresh in my mind, but low and behold, the electricity was punishing the family for being too complacent with the abundance of power we take for granted. So last night was a no lights/aircond/fan/internet/tv experience. You really start appreciating what you have then.

Haih, but am glad appliances are back to life with a single flick of the switch. Thank you Mr. Ah Hong, our ever reliable technician.

Back to MOB, let me first share with you of my luck in securing the best seat in the house. Thanks to a certain CEO of a newspaper a.k.a Mom's Boss for deciding not to come at the last minute, I was able to upgrade my ticket to the 2nd row. As I took my seat, the empty seat next to me read a tag "Kerabat Diraja", alamak, sape pulak la duk sbelah ni. Camne nak enjoy? However, set of tagged seats next to me remained empty throught out the show and I was able to whistle and jiggle contently in my seats without having to worry that I might offend anybody.

Only then to realize, the papparazzi snapping blinding flashlights were not there for me. I did, for 10 seconds, felt what it was like to be a celebrity with cameras snapping every second. The Permaisuri Agong, clad in black top to toe, was sitting in front of me. If she turned around, we could have high-fived ala Barney Stinson style.


On the show itself, being an avid fan of broadway shows, I don't know if I should call it a gift or a curse but my eyes tend to spot every single details of a show. Therefore, I am dissapointed to say, I saw some glitches that made me feet a little uncomfortable through out the show. The storyline was "Bollywood-ish", enough said there. The dancers looked like they lacked practice and their lines was...ugh. I cringed at the sight of a less than perfect line. Adding to that, the music and singing was obviously not live, so that itself takes away one of the best elements of a broadway show.

HOWEVER, what they lack in those areas, Bollywood dancers always make it up by the natural enthusiasm that they have in every step executed. You just can't beat them at that. Look out for the traditional dance, it far surpass their more modern dance numbers. Indian dancers sure have an elegance to them that's truly mesmerising. I particularly took a liking to an old dance that were done by courtesans in olden times to seduce the Kings. Hmmm...u'd wonder why eh?

Throughout the show, I had flashbacks of KYS times when we would gather in the RecRoom to watch Bollywood movies in between SPM study sessions. Well, okay not exactly true for me, I didn't really watched any. Only when the movie broke out into a song. Especially the closing number when they did "It's the time to disco" from the movie Kal Ho Nah Ho (forgive me if I'm wrong). I remember the OK 0206 boys performing this song (again, forgive me if I got this one wrong too). Brought out a smile in me, and I rarely smile when reminiscing KYS times. Aaaahh.. I miss all of you. How's everyone?

Supporting the Man U boys tonight. I don't really watch or know about football, am just hoping to see some friends over there whom I might not see elsewhere. So if you're gonna be there, give me a shout.

Special shout out to Ali Imran. All the best in Aussie! I tak sempat nak tunjuk you my newest accomplishment. Lain kali je la.

Peace out.

1 comment:

aliimran said...

usually i go by aliim, but somehow people pronounce it as "aleem" so xnak kasik confuse, aku name aku bebetol..

oh, wohoo!!! ade gak name aku dalam blog kau. pergh, bapak bangge. dude, when u have the time, borak jom. aku nak dgr ape accomplishment kau yg sampai bole tulis kat blog