Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I like.

The year is coming to an end. How fast everything went this year. The end of the year brings gazillion invites from different people around campus wanting to celebrate you for...well,for just being you.

The last week of class, I had a lunch/dinner/party/formal/get-together invite almost everyday, free of charge of course. Almost all were through the activities or committees that I have been on throughout the year. And mind you, they are not cheap at all.

It struck me how different the Americans are compared to us back home. Americans spend money on big social events just to socialize and nothing more. I feel that in Malaysia, whenever we had something on, there was always a reason to it. To celebrate, to thank, to say goodbye, to say welcome or whatever it is.

Rock The Quad was done simply to provide fun for students living around the Quad area. Free food, free drinks, free shirts, free inflatable bull ride, free goodies. Everything could have easily cost USD 20,000. Is it worth it just so students have a fun day out?


Well, I don't care as long as it's not my money. Everything was awesome-licious to me. Especially with the beautiful weather outside. Gonna miss it when I get back home to Malaysia.

Finals around the corner. -_-"

No comments: